Tuesday, April 17, 2012

I Didn't Know I was Pregnant

For months my sister in law kept getting asked are you pregnant.  She's like no I'm not.  I am getting my period. And if she missed she didn't think anything of it as she hasn't been regular in years.  Her and her boyfriend were getting asked a lot.

1:30 Friday, April 13th 2012 she started cramping.  She thought she was getting her period. Cramping and back pain had her going from room to room to find a comfortable spot.  Her dogs and kitty following right along trying to figure out what was going on.  The only thing that seemed to help was sitting on the toilet and hot compresses on her back.

At about 5:15 am, she was sitting on the toilet the pain got so bad she had no idea what was going on.  All of a sudden Logan Dean was born right in the toilet.  She quickly grabbed him.  Grabs her phone and calls me and asks me to come take her to the hospital.  I say to her you should call your boyfriend and 911.

Ironically her boyfriend was driving his gas truck right past the house.  He quickly calls 911 and parks his truck and runs into the house.  He gets in the house runs into the bathroom where she is holding Logan wrapped in towels and blanket and she has the placenta in a bag in the other hand cleaning the bathroom.

Emergency crews arrive (which should just be an ambulance and paramedic) in 9 cars.  Fire chief and all!  They get them cleaned up, cut the cord and wrap them all up warm as it was 29 degrees F that morning.

All the while I am getting stuff around for my kids to get on the bus while I'm not there.  Everyone here is in shock and awe....


Audrey and I get to the hospital.  This cute little guy is what we walk into see.  He he is adorable.  Logan Dean 4/13/12 5:15am 5 pounds 6 ounces 18.5 inches long.  They believe him to be 35 weeks.  Logan and mama are in perfect health.  Mama is trying to get her nursing relationship established.  Having a few bumps in the road but so far so good.

I thought I would never become an aunt.  But man it's one of the best feelings in the world. I love this little guy and his mommy and daddy.   I wish them the best of luck in the coming years!












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Graphics and Blog Design by Resale Clipart
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online