Monday, August 31, 2009

They Must Grow Up


It's been a year since my baby girl has moved out and started her own life. I still cry thinking about all I am missing of her life. Will I miss all the planning of special events? Getting married? Having babies? My grandchildren growing up. She moved 5 hours away. I'm a mess lately. A dear friend of mine Patty from Morning Ramble had shared with me a poem she was given when her daughter's left the nest. Thank you Patty. I still read it and it still helps.....
On Children
"And a woman who held a babe against her bosom said, "Speak to us of Children."
And he said:
Your children are not your children.
They are the sons and daughters of Life's longing for itself.
They come through you but not from you,
And though they are with you, yet they belong not to you.
You may give them your love but not your thoughts.
For they have their own thoughts.
You may house their bodies but not their souls,
For their souls dwell in the house of tomorrow, which you cannot visit, not even in your dreams.
You may strive to be like them, but seek not to make them like you.
For life goes not backward nor tarries with yesterday.
You are the bows from which your children as living arrows are sent forth.
The archer sees the mark upon the path of the infinite, and He bends you with His might that His arrows may go swift and far.
Let your bending in the archer's hand be for gladness;
For even as He loves the arrow that flies, so He loves also the bow that is stable."

Over the last week we have been celebrating 3 birthdays. My 35th birthday was August 24; Chelsea's 9th birthday was August 25; and Josh's 12th was August 30. I can't believe it's been 18 years since I became a mommy. I had many tell me I could never do it. That the dad wouldn't stick around. Proved them all wrong. We have been together 19 years in June and married 12 in July. I wouldn't trade any of it for the world. I hope I have been a good influence on my children and I have taught them all they need to know to become productive adults. There are a few things I brainwashed them on. ie. drugs, "lovin" before marriage....

We are planning on one more baby. I am so excited. I absolutely love being a mommy. It is the most wonderful job. I hope they all know how much they are wanted and loved. (((HUGS))) to my babies.....

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Graphics and Blog Design by Resale Clipart
 

blogger templates | Make Money Online